During my 15 years of clinical practice, I have spent a lot of private time attempting to integrate and apply my knowledge and skills to my own personal development. For example, I treated many people for smoking cessation, as a smoker myself, until I finally decided I was the one who needed to quit smoking. By fully experiencing the process of quitting, I was able to understand and relate to my clients on a deeper level and consequently my quit smoking success rates have increased.
This personal experience and integration also applies to both hypnotherapy and mindfulness. Let me begin by providing an example about hypnosis: For therapeutic purposes (although it can also be used for fun) I may sometimes use a hypnotic phenomena such as engaging you to believe that your hand is stuck to a table. This may be done to demonstrate and prove to you that you ‘can’ change your beliefs if you try. For this type of practice to be most effective, I should be (and I am) able to experience the same thing with my own hand, my own mind, and my own beliefs.
I do my best to apply the same principle to the practice of mindfulness. This implies that I try to live a mindful life, but I admit that I often fail. However, these failures also represent the failures that my clients may experience, so they transform and become motivational factors or barriers that I must personally conquer, so that I can share the positive learnings in a therapeutic context and help others.
- Level 1 Certified Sports Trainer – 2008
- Cert IV Business (Small Business Management) – 2006
- Cert IV Workplace Training & Assessment – 2005
- Advanced Diploma Naturopathy ACNM – 2002
Awarded most outstanding student 2002 Presented with sponsors award of $1000 from Oborne Health Supplies. Iridology Student of the Year 2002
- Australian Hypnotherapy Training & Counselling:Diploma of Clinical Counselling – 2002
- Certificate IV in Community Services: – 2000
- Australian Hypnotherapy Training & Counselling: Post Grad.Diploma in Psychotherapy & Counselling – 1999
- Aust. Academy of Hypnotic Science Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – 1998
- RMIT Bachelor of Accounting 1991 – 1993
- St.Bede’s College Menton V.C.E – 1990
- Current Private Practice at Brighton
- Pre 2012 Clinical Practice at Como Natural Medicine
- 2012 Consulting Counsellor & Psychotherapist for Centrelink
- Currently Consulting as a Counsellor & Psychotherapist for Centrelink
- Oborne Health Supplies 2008 – 2009 Practitioner Consultant.
- Brighton Bay Medical Centre 2004 – 2005 Naturopath,Clinical Hypnotherapist & Counsellor
- Ainslie Private Hospital 2000 – 2003 Psychotherapist,Clinical Hypnotherapist & Counsellor. Conducted group and individual therapies for drug & alcohol program.
- Private Clinical Practice Since 1999 Naturopath, Clinical Hypnotherapist & Counsellor Operating private therapeuticpractice & consultancy at Como Natural MedicineSince 1999 Naturopath, Clinical Hypnotherapist & Counsellor Operating private therapeutic practice & consultancy at Como Natural Medicine
- Personal Care Attendant 1996 – 2003
- Fellow: AACHP, Aust. Assoc. of Clinical Hyp & Psychotherapy Inc
- Member: ANHR, Australian National Hypnotherapy Registrer
- Member: ANPA, Aust, Naturopathic Practitioners Association